Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DirecTV SUCKS

Can't say I 100% agree. It's going to depend where you are and other circumstances. I work an area that is primarily prewired and their SWiM system makes installation a breeze under those circumstances. I can get a 4 room SWiM setup done in about an hour on a prewired home using very little material and not cutting corners. Now, if I was wrapping homes and running dual cable everywhere, I wouldn't even consider it. In fact, before the SWiM system came out, I specifically avoided DirecTV because I didn't think the pay was worth running dual to every DVR out there. It took going for a ride-along with a friend for me to consider it after being turned off for so long. The other thing they have going for them is that you can still charge for custom work whereas DISH wants you to be their attic-bitch for free. If you know how to push the customs, there's even more bread and butter to be made. Much better when you are getting $49 for a wallfish instead of some $11 from a chump cable subcontractor.
This is CABL.com posting #341137. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAUn
Posted in reply to: DirecTV SUCKS by Wobbie
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: DirecTV SUCKS Wobbie 3/19/2012 6:31:10 PM
Re: DirecTV SUCKS johnmc3 3/19/2012 9:06:26 AM