Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cvc Cableview

every tech needs to read up on the fair credit reporting act (fcra) and especially educate yourselves on what can show on a background check and what cant under federal  law if the person that does the background check uses a third party company to get your background info and they almost always do. You are entitled to a copy of the report and they must give you time to rebute what shows on the report as being accurate .ALmost all of the big cable companies have background companies that they specifically deal with when it comes to background checks. But the contractors in an effort to save money will prescreen you using some cheap database that doesent screen according to the law in an effort to save money. Because a pee test goes hand and hand with your background check and usually involves the same company that issues the pee test . That cost about 150 bucks per employee versus 10 bucks using an online cheapo database website and they dont care about mistakes they just send it .And also check your local state laws reguarding background checks because alot of them have even stricter rules than the fed on these checks

And most cable companies are only going back on you 10 years anyway. I had a experience with cableview doing exactly what i described and i hired an attorney and am in the process of sueing them as we speak. They processed an arrest  record that was 12 years old that i wasnt convicted of on my background check and that is il;legal. According to the law they cant report an arrest if it did not lead to a conviction if it is older than seven years . they cannot report an adjudification withheld either .Dont lay down on this fight it .You can also report the company to the FtC federal trade commision 
This is CABL.com posting #340508. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAKe
Posted in reply to: Re: Cvc Cableview by ZandS
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cvc Cableview twotall 3/2/2012 8:47:30 PM