Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:ATTN: Equipped Splicers! "Learn to Sweep" & Get paid "OJT"!!!!!!!!!!!!

>ATTN: This ad is for Non experienced because the experienced sweep crews have told him to shove it. Crews that are without question VASTLY more qualified than this knot head.

Pickerell hired a rookie in St. Louis. This guy was a newly retired Navy PBR driver that bought his own Stealth, was a exceedingly hard worker, a pleasant and willing student. He worked for Pickerell a month only to find him a complete ass. Keep in mind this guy had just completed 20 yrs in the Navy working for every personality type under the sun. After he decided that he was learning nothing, and quit this loon, Pickerell sent him a bill for SIX GRAND, for "sweep training". I listened to his story, and since I knew Pickerell to be "high maintenance",(and since I never had a trainee go a month and not understand what the bandwidth was when he looked at his stealth) I hired the guy. Pickerell saw him taking a reference on one of my nodes, and created a scene, calling the AT&T suits, the cops, (seems he verbally wrote a few "checks" when the trainee was on the ladder, that he didn't "feel comfortable" trying to cash when the trainee came down), that we nearly all got the boot.

Just a word to the wise, if you want to learn to sweep from a power tripping lunatic, (personal opinion, not a clinical analysis) by all means drive to Arkansas and gooooooood luck!

Michael O'Conner
Sweep Specialties
Midland, Tx
(-REDACTED-)

Pickerell spare me the rightious indignation.... Should you decide to consider this slander, let me know and I'll call Mike, I am sure he would looooooove to discuss it, not to mention find out where your calling home.

P.S. those of you that do...please take a moment next week and let me know how it worked out..Looooove to hear about it.

>ATTN: This ad is for "NON-EXPERIENCED" Sweep people! Quality Splicers ONLY NEED REPLY!!!!
>If you have your own truck & hand tools, climbing gear, ladder for splicing, your "Quality minded" in your work! Your NOT afraid to take the hard money along with the easy money!
>We will supply the SDA Sweep meter! (Not for purchase)
>(.06-.10ft strand footage) to start for sweep and (.01-.02ft mitigated footage) for CLI Mitigation/Noise suppression.
>Get paid a weekly "Regular" check! Know that you have that check in hand Friday! Work with a reputable company that has been around a long time!
>BUT beware! I run a tight ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Email me back or call (501)944-8049 cell My pager # is on my cell voicemail. Page me and I can all you back. Lets chat.
>
>Mark A. Pickrell
>Daniel Utility Construction, Inc.

This is CABL.com posting #34041. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mi1d
There are 0 replies to this message