Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Wavetek 3ST transmitter help

Hi Jim,

From memory I might have a possible fix for you. Try these 2 possible causes:

If you built a channel plan (from scratch) in the normal fashion, where there are no carriers the unit will automatically insert "sweep points" in the vacant areas with them ENABLED.

The "sweep points" (from memory) will also include "audio points" in addition to the standard "video points". The extra points will cause the unit to sweep slower due to having more "sweep points". You may have to manually remove the audio sweep points.

What is even MORE important, when you build a channel plan, and it asks you for a "stop frequency", USE ONLY 1 or 2 points PAST the highest usable frequency. When a channel plan is normally built, it will default to the highest frequency to 1000 MHz (from memory) if not edited prior to the scan. This will cause EXCESS sweep points that will make the unit run SLOW. If you have an existing plan, DISABLE all unused carrier points (for example) above 555MHz (for a 550-MHz system) because it will also sweep from 556-1000MHz and slow up the sweep considerably.

Hope this helps. Please let me know, I am kinda curious! How have you been? Long time no see!

Greg Tobin
Interactive Broadband Technical Services, LLC
314-422-4423 cellular

This is CABL.com posting #339974. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbABC
Posted in reply to: Wavetek 3ST transmitter help by Cablebeav
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Wavetek 3ST transmitter help massive coax 3/31/2012 12:55:38 PM