Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: contractors

Means the same as B2B. Business to Business.  I don't think they really care that your a corporation, like a publicly held Corp.  I am sure as long as you have an actual business license and whatever else they require.

Some may require a crew for an area, or some may just need an independent contractor and thought corp to corp sounded cool.

No matter how you look at it.  It is a company trying to farm off work and more importantly the liability.

You need to do your homework too.  If you can get a contract with the big boys then your in business.  I wouldn't expect you would be able to keep up with everything yourself.  I don't know.  The point is the further down you are the less your pay.

There was a time where I was a sub of a sub of a sub.  So that is Directv, The HSP, The Contractor, then ME.  When your down that low theres not much left.  I have heard people going down one or 2 more levels from there.

So a contract with Directv or other provider thats requesting the service will always be your best bet.

The HSP is next, but there a bunch of cracker jacks.

The Contractor,  Well lets hope they bypassed the HSP.

One more way to look at this is... You have layers of protection.  Crap rolls down hill.  The more they can push on others, the harder it is to blame it on one tech.

The HSP might require the contractor to do QAs on their subs.  So now that the HSP isn't doing the QA, they no longer feel responsible.

Now someone gets mad at a tech, Directv blames the HSP, The HSP Blames the contractor and the contractor blames the tech.  Now to get an answer it has to go all the way back.  The tech tells the contractor, the contractor tells the HSP and the HSP reports to directv.

With that kind of system can give you a lot of protection if you are new or a hack.  If the contractor likes you he can decide to keep you and tell the HSP they got rid of a tech even if they didn't.  That only works if the contractor likes you.

I only bring all that up to show you the further down the line the less pay and the more crappy work you can expect.
This is CABL.com posting #339963. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbABr
Posted in reply to: Re: contractors by Wobbie
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: contractors ronjrcosten 2/25/2012 11:04:50 AM