Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: WAKE UP Installers!!!

Havent been to the bar in ages. I see not much has changed..lol..

This industry has needed union representation since the 90's.  For some reason, there are alot of guys who think its not needed.  With the economy down, everyone blames the economy for low wages in this industry.  But wages have been on steady downward trend ever since the conception of DBS and CATV.  Its a shame.  I now know places where non-union contractors providing vehicle, gas, and tools, are getting paid LESS than union in house guys who are provided everything by the company.  Its terrible. I never thought I would see it this boughad.  Yeah I always knew companies would try it.  But I guess I always hoped these would be the kind of conditiond that would wake people up.

There are ONLY two groups of people in the country that have a history of ending low wages, and making working conditions better  The 1st group is workers. The second is consumers. IMO workers are the stronger of the two. Sure, consumers can spend their money elsewhere. But....

Only workers, have the legal authourity to contractually demand that a company not off shore jobs.  Obama cant demand this.  The Congress cant demand it, nor can the SCOTUS.  The problem is too many workers do not exercise this right.  s,The result is what we have here today.

There are good decent non-union companies.  But they are few.  And the ones that are good, tend to be in industries that are heavily influenced by unions, like the auto industry, telecom industry, etc...

Pride only goes so far.  You have rights.  But when you dont use them, and employers know you arent going to use.  The result is $3 discos,  60/10 KA/KU installs, and the strong chance of not seeing a dime after you work for these piss poor rates. 

Good Luck! 
This is CABL.com posting #338884. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAj2
Posted in reply to: WAKE UP Installers!!! by HitchDawg
There are 7 replies to this message
Re: WAKE UP Installers!!! Trey9007 9/3/2016 11:32:33 PM
Re: WAKE UP Installers!!! Trey9007 7/2/2016 8:47:53 PM
Re: WAKE UP Installers!!! Trey9007 7/2/2016 8:43:26 PM
Re: WAKE UP Installers!!! Trey9007 7/2/2016 8:40:47 PM
Re: WAKE UP Installers!!! Offskew 9/25/2012 11:16:25 AM
Re: WAKE UP Installers!!! continental 5/14/2012 9:56:06 AM
Re: WAKE UP Installers!!! Beerrs1 4/17/2012 8:08:38 PM