Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: lookin for sub contractor that give second cha

Don't sweat it dawg. Everyone in America has a skeleton in their closet, only difference is that your skeleton info is for sale to the general public now that the cat is out of the bag.
Let's get one thing straight... You don't need a squeaky clean record to make millions in America. Most successful people in our country have a mugshot and or drug conviction.
If all you know is cable, then I'm sorry to tell you but YOU MUST EXPAND YOUR HORIZON! Why so limited? There's gotta be other things you can do to make money. This is the point we install cable after all isn't it? I doubt anyone in this forum installs cable for free just because they absolutely love going into people's attics and rolling around in old fiberglass insulation. You are doing it for the money and "SOME" freedom the job offers compared to an in-house employee.
My advice is to lie on your applications for employment. Worse they can say is no. They have to spend the money for a background check and most of these cheep skate companies only pay for five year background checks, sex offender registry and violent crimes. I personally know an area manager that works for the County Government directly with a felony ten years ago for hitting a traffic officer with his car.  State trooper jumps in front of his car and demands he pull over at a traffic light. He had a bag of weed and 18 pack of beer ready to go party and a foot cop decides to stop him. Since he had a suspended license, he stomped the gas pedal and hit the officer and took off! High speed chase resulted in felony charges and he was sentenced to 2 years probation and fines (he threw the weed out the window and they never found drugs).
Anyway, my point is that I personally know a dozen men who have serious convictions and they are doing just fine. In fact better than a squeaky clean office worker making 30,000 a year.

You want a little secret? type a name on google and a comma then "Mugshot" . If you live in Texas California, Florida or certain states, they post arrest records for free online with a picture! does not matter if you were convicted or not. I've been surprised to find my coworkers in the roster. Very funny stuff to look at. Keep it to yourself.

One other point I want to make is that the lowest paying companies usually demand the most bullshit and intense background checks. Is it just me that noticed this? I mean, the lowest paying biggest companies ask for a ten year employment history, security clearance and you name it. You have to go through a huge obstacle course just to get a stupid low paying job. I never cared about uniforms, company vehicles, benefits, titles or the hype. I always cared about how is this job gonna benefit my bank account. My brother applied for a police officer job and they denied him because he had a run in when he was a juvenile (burglary at 16 years old). This particular dept was anal and denied his application. He complained to the recruiter that there's police officers that never committed a crime on record but end up killing their wives and children with the service weapon. You can't predict human behavior by a record.  My other brother was an adult when he set his new car on fire and abandoned it in the woods to avoid making car payments. The fire spread and destroyed county property. He was charged with arson, insurance fraud for reporting the car stolen and damage to property. Guess what folks... he's been a full time paid fire fighter for 5 years! the county he works at did a waiver and considered his military service, and sincerity on his application. It's amazing the stories of ex-cons making more money than the goodie toochoos who think they are better than everybody else. What counts is your bank account man. Look at all these criminal hip hop artists from the 90's . They make millions talking shit and smoking weed. As long as you pay your taxes...the sky's the limit. Just don't limit yourself to cable tv dawg. expand your horizons.
This is CABL.com posting #336114. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbzBm
Posted in reply to: lookin for sub contractor that give second chances by geraldcros
There are 0 replies to this message