Create your free account now! Sign up

Rip Offs

So my friend works for this company installing Directv.  For starters they get paid 40/10 which in my books is a total rip off, I've personally never seen anything so low before.  The lowest I've ever seen before this was 60/15.  I guess people are desperate for work so they'll take whatever they can get.  Personally I would never do anything for less then 70/20 at the lowest.  He showed me this paper that they handed out to all their techs today and it blew my mind. 
Everyone has customers that just don't give a crap, forget what you taught them, or just plain don't remember small details of your install.  Why should they right?  When someone comes to my house to install this or do that, I do pay attention to what's being done, but do I give a crap if they showed their ID's at the door?  Or did he pick up that cable clip that he dropped while on top of the ladder?  I don't know, and I don't care.  However, you all know that sometimes you get some super old customers that just got themselves an LCD and don't understand what the heck an input is or can't understand the concept of changing channels on the box and not the tv.  Even if you do the best job any tech can do you always will get someone who doesn't remember or who doesn't really care about the petty inter office games that the companies play to bring techs down a notch.  Anyway, here's what he showed me today...

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4300/11222011050733pm.jpg

These companies really piss me off.  Not only that, but after every single install or upgrade, they have to call their supervisor so they can talk to the customer to arrainge a day for inspection.  Most customers I know of don't want to waste another day on the stupid games the companies play to take the money from the techs.
This is CABL.com posting #335740. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbzvk
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Rip Offs Nightlife1970 11/24/2011 10:46:44 AM
Re: Rip Offs TRT2install 11/22/2011 7:50:57 PM