Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Realistic pay for triple play!

Cableman you got me, my math is off, I was basing the hourly number off a single day example. Cablepup I have been around this industry since '95 and seen numbers up and numbers down. Fact of the matter is that when primes had to go employee based the money went down. If a contractor is stupid enough to allow a company to treat him like an employee then flat out he doesn't need to be a contractor. Fact is in 99 I was getting $50 a drop today I get $20 but I sub from a prime and not direct to the mso like back in the day. As for unions, they serve a purpose until they go too far, for example a flunkie who sweeps the floor at the shop making $30-40 an hour is ridiculous. I am for a cable union, it would require apprenticeships and cut down on the hacks slinging wire. Oh and my prime treats me like a contractor, like shit but I understand that I don't have a right to work and I do not have to do the job for Ms Smith who has a moving floor because of roaches, they'll send a in house guy to do it. Also I understand that if I don't show up they DO NOT have to route me for a day or two. Fact is I make damn good money that I can't make elsewhere so until walmart pays what I make I'll stay put..
This is CABL.com posting #333419. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyTT
Posted in reply to: Re: Realistic pay for triple play! by cablepup1686
There are 0 replies to this message