Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Direct or Dish - who to work for as an indepen

They both suck at this point. Dish is NOT paying more than Direct. Dish counts a 4 room as only 2 boxes now. So a 4 room install only pays like 65 15 from what I have seen. Directv still pays per box, and with the SWM system you use alot less cable. Yes there are charge backs, but atleast from Directv it is only partial to the pay. With Dish it's a full charge back even if its something they made up to fail it.

Directv does have alot more work doing installs. Dish seems to be alot of low pay upgrades and service calls from what I have seen.

Personally I won't install Dish any longer. Not even retail shops are safe from the BS QC fails. I told the retailer I do some work for that the only way I will install Dish is if the customer pays for the whole install price up front. Last job I did for Dish they failed the job because the cables were attached to the sidding above the deck. There was no way to get under the deck, that is why the cables were attached above it. I would like to see the spec that says that cables have to be attached below a deck. Basically Dish QC people make shit up to fail a job. I really think Dish is using this as an income stream. Fail job, no pay to tech, more money for Dish.
This is CABL.com posting #333220. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyQG
Posted in reply to: Re: Direct or Dish - who to work for as an indepen by andydang86
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Direct or Dish - who to work for as an indepen pressureman0 9/16/2011 8:15:58 PM