Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hold backs for d2d sales

Sales are different than the work I do, as I do construction/splicing. But this is how I would look at it if it was put to me as it has been to you. How far out on the money are you?  Most are 30 days, that should be enough money held back.  Can you afford to not have that money to operate your business with?  I can't.  If they keep 50% and probably do, then you are doing the work for 30% of what the job originally paid after they keep a extra 20%. We all have to make a living, the primes included. But the subs are eating a larger share of the increased costs, as most of the primes have added any extra work to their subs or inhouse employees. Primes have alot of overhead= warehouse, staff, new trucks, big house, travel etc. Alot have help that does shoddy work so instead of just getting rid of them, they make more money from them. I'm not implying you do shoddy work and if I didn't I would politely give my notice and find another job. Check your laws but in S.C. it takes atleast 2 weeks but I think 30 days in writing before your pay can be cut. (don't remember which one)  That is the law and alot states are similiar. or atleast as a employee, that is the way it is. I know primes that have retired from the business after 7-10 years of good work.  But they actually worked just like we did. They kept their spending reasonable and did most of the management in the evenings and weekends.  But they also had a great group of workers both subs/in house. They were HONEST.  I would not work for anyone that held 20% or atleast I haven't  in almost 19 years( I started in 1993).  Be nice and talk to the people you work for . Good luck getting that 20% back if you do keep working.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Keep in mind that Mc Donalds has made more millionaires than any company anywhere. And that is also a fact. So would you like fries or a shake with that?
This is CABL.com posting #333110. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyOU
Posted in reply to: Hold backs for d2d sales by Cablelady1
There are 0 replies to this message