Create your free account now! Sign up

Prices for Hurricane Damage Work

I;d like to say we have done it to ourselves with these low ball prices ,thats just plain out and out bullchit . Who pays the bill for storm damage .The GD insurance company thats who.I recall years back the chief tech ,for Time Warner here ,(now retired) laughing about how they got the insurance to pay for replacing a five thousand ft underground run(Ummh) .Lets see ,$135.00 Hr for three men thats a stinking joke .We had prices like that in the 80's when desiel was $1.75 a gallon .I don't give a rats budity if the MSO doesn't like what I've got to say. I recall when cablegal use to tell me don't talk that way to the suits(God rest her soul somebody told me she passed away while Duck was gone from here).Its like the old song ,the rich man is busy dancing while the poor man pays the band.When I read about Time Warners losses for last year I could only think to myself . Thats what you get from inhouse.Not that there is anything wrong with inhouse its just I other than storm damage don't like hourly .If your getting paid by the hr.why work hard.I recall working in Bermuda and my roomates asking what did you do today?and when I told them they replied . Man you are making us look bad don't work so hard.Duck hates lazy people, ain't got time for them ,don't want to be around them.Lets get paid not played.I'd be willing to bet that the prime is getting around $280.00 an hour .Why are they greedy ,lets see with all the low ball prices every one has to work for now , and along comes a chance to make a dollar off storm damage (who wouldn't).ABSS turned a million dollars profit at Katrina and they paid $225.00 an hr. to the contractor ,some of the best money paid .I know contractors that were there at $160.00hr where did the $65.00 an hr go. In the middle mans pocket.When will the prices go back up."When people stop working for peanuts". I can't tell anyone what to do,but I can tell the MSO's this.Pay some money and trucks will be rolling ur way.What do you get at $135.00 an hr..... Broke .ick contractors willing to wear their trucks and themselves out for chump change.How do we change this industry. Think what would happen if all the workers that actually make things happen were to go on strike.How much hadies would the MSO go through if they couldn't get all the business's back on line ,how much money would be lost by the MSO and the business's.Let the people that pay the MSO's bills go to crying and see how quick prices change................... this is just Ducks opinion after 32yrs.in this business. I say we need a union of contractors not a contractors union. I for one don't like unions ,I like running my own life ,not having something dictated to me.How do the rest of you feel about this Please COMMENT.........."WHITFIELD"
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #332544. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyFM
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Prices for Hurricane Damage Work bushmaster 8/30/2011 8:39:30 PM
Re: Prices for Hurricane Damage Work Misterious 8/30/2011 5:01:49 PM