Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Things I have learned

HURRICANES/////They are a bad a// SOB.  I'm from Galveston County,  Crystal Beach.  I worked Katrina in Gulfport, Ms.; I also worked in Beuamont , Texas during Hurricane Rita..  Then Hurricane Ike took my hometown out with a 17-24 foot water surge.  It took 85% of the homes on the beach.  TWC Said that Katrina was a cat#5,  but 75miles out got downgraded to a cat#3.  Everybody saw what it did to New orleans.  Then Rita came into the  Golden Triangle[Beuamont/Port Arther area]  I worked there for 9 months.  Two months without a shi??er or electricity.  Rita didn't bring a storm surge.  She brought tornadoes, about 175 of them;  They ripped thru SE Texas with no mercy. My company/Firm had crews working storm damage as far north as DeQueen, Ark.  which is appprox. 375 miles from the coast.  I was in Oklahoma when Ike hit.. It took my hometown out;;; 85% of homes washed away..  The Goverment said it was only a cat#2.  They wrote us off like a bad dream..  Anyways back to the point;;;If you find yourself in a hurricane situation;;;Just leave,get out,get your family and go 
just an old lineman//grew up with a sawdust pumper in between my belt. chased a 1 ton for years run a T40-C(PRO)//I actually know how to operate it. never could figure out that sawdust pumper//he//he
This is CABL.com posting #332279. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyBv
Posted in reply to: Things I have learned by cabledawg71874
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Things I have learned cabledad 8/25/2011 8:56:36 AM