Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why is Charter cutting free service to governm

When I was young and f@#ked bad my father use to open up his pocketknife and hand it to me.
Then he would say "John-Hugh take this and go out to the mullberry tree and cut me a switch. If
I don't like it I'll cut my own and you'll get it twice as bad." I think the whole walk out to the tree
picking and cutting the switch messed with my head worse than being hit with it. I think him being
a POW of the Japanese taught him how to really mentally screw with just about anyone.
But I was also no stranger to the belt or the egg turner either.
By the time I was 15 I was to big to spank so he had all sorts of manual labor projects for me to do.
His favorite was to have me clear brush and rocks out of the drainage ditch out at my grandmothers farm.
Can't even remember how many hours in the summer I spent cutting and burning brush and stacking rocks
while my friends were out swimming, fishing and partying.
Now a days all that would be considered child abuse and he would have been arrested. But hell I'm no worse for it.
I've had some minor brushes with the law in my life but nothing serious. I learned that everything you do has
consequences good and bad and you should be man enough to accept them and not cry about it.
No mater what I loved my dad and still do. Wish he was still around so I could talk to him some times.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #332071. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyx9
Posted in reply to: Re: Why is Charter cutting free service to governm by SpeedLasher
There are 0 replies to this message