Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Working In Altoona Pa!!

I agree too much driving. When I was there August last year doing the the Mpeg 4 upgrade we were stationed in State College,PA but had work in Altoona and all the surrounding areas. If your actually doing installs in Altoona it's mainly all 28ft ladder work. Altoona is like a small city. If you get work in the surrounding areas like Tyrone,Huntingdon Philipsburg or Bellefonte you will can use your 16 footer or no ladder all day long. Most houses are already wired. I stayed 2 months and barely used any wire. Look at the attached map. DirectSat is located in Altoona and that office covers Altoona east to Rebersburg, north to Dubois, west to Punxsutawney & south to Mount Union. They may cover further areas but these are all of the towns that I was routed too. The work is super easy compared to working in the big city. I loved it. The drive is worth it as long as your routed in the same town each day. I use to spend more time driving than working..until the boss let me do the route. I gave everyone tight routes. If your route is tight I would say go for it..By the way what company will you be working for?

www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Altoona&state=PA
This is CABL.com posting #332014. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyxe
Posted in reply to: Re: Working In Altoona Pa!! by 7MARY7
There are 0 replies to this message