Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why is Charter cutting free service to governm

The key words there is Basic Service. Anything above that is paid for, generally it's paid for by the firemen or police that want it. The schools never have more than basic. I've never seen a government office with more than basic either, they usually have the set on CNN or some other news network. As someone that works for the government I know that's the rule in the buildings I've been in. News or weather only.

As far as Sweeps R US comments about " I would like to see how many electric, water, gas, cell companies give unlimited free services to the government" It's time to put the pipe down brother, there is not one utility out there that gives comp service to any government agency.  Because utilities are regulated by the government to do so would not only be against the law for the utility company but would be a conflict of interests for the government. There are too many watchdogs out there for that to happen.

As for the cable company's they are private unregulated entities so that is why they can do it, and yes it is usually a requirement of just about any franchise agreement.

And Sweeps as far as utility and cable company's giving to charities for tax breaks, you and everyone else that pays tax's in the US are free to do the same and get the same tax breaks.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #331981. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbywH
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Why is Charter cutting free service to governm Sweep R US 8/26/2011 11:25:28 PM