Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Bad Economy, Feeling the effects? Share your t

Your status on this site says it all (newbie). You obviously haven't worked in the industry long or you would would have never written
"It sounds to me that this business invents many nomads". That is/was the way to make money. You went/go where the work was/is, stay until the job was/is done, went/gowhen you could/can or in between projects..You do that until you no longer can or want to then either get out of the business or go in-house.

It's not being a nomad, it's a way of life, and it's not for the faint of heart. Not everyone can handle it, but those who can are generally some of the best people you'll ever meet. You can't trust them with a cooler full of beer, your stash of weed, wife or your 18 year old daughter, but they will give you the shirt off their back and offer you a hand up when you need it. I'm damn proud to know quite a few and to be and have been one. This business has let me see more of this country and the world than any other job I could think of. Have also made some life long friends, guys I may not see for years but if I needed help would not hesitate a second to do what ever they could.

Maybe some day when your old enough you'll understand.....maybe
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #331842. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyus
Posted in reply to: Re: Bad Economy, Feeling the effects? Share your t by Coastaltech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Bad Economy, Feeling the effects? Share your t hookman 81 8/16/2011 1:20:45 PM