Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: whats in your wallet or tool pouch

Just make sure you show up with more than an idea.
The longer you work in this industry the more organized and faster you will become. Look at your whole job before you start, plan out how you're going to do it and what you'll need to do each part of it. I use to get everything I needed together for a install and break them into 2 parts. What I needed for the outside work and what I needed for the inside work, then complete either one I felt would take the longest first, go back to the truck to put away everything I was finished with and puck up what I needed to finish the job. Doing installs it's not crime making one or even two trips to the truck but if you have to make much more than that you're spinning your wheels.
I haven't done installs for years, but still have one of my tool belts set  up for them, basic hand tools and a diti-bag with splitters, fittings, split-bolts, zip-ties, etc.

If your splicing then you want everything for the location your cutting with you, unneeded trips to the truck cost you money.

If you building aerial then your grunt should have your pole hardware ready for you and you will have your, bell wrench, linemens pliers/w 7/16 socket welded to one handle and 1/2" socket welded to the other with your drill or wiggle-stick on your belt along with a diti-bag of lashing bugs, split bolts, weaver clamps. Straps and spacers where ever your comfortable carrying them, I kept them on my gaff straps.

My feed bag has everything I need for hard line work, bucket-boss is set up for UG splicing, climbing bag for hooks, belt/harness, boots. Tool box for drills, engineer hammers and various other tools that are not often used but can come in handy at times.

All the above comes with time in the business, the longer your in the more tools and experience you'll pick up along the way.

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #331294. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbylC
Posted in reply to: whats in your wallet or tool pouch by room4cable
There are 0 replies to this message