Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Tool Improvements Wanted

Our L-0790P Overlash Block sells for less than $13. Go to www.lemco-tool.com to take a look. Check out Tech Tips to see how to keep in place.

>A smaller A-Frame roller with the same weight would be nice for fiber. When the strand is sagging and the fiber is pulling tight it will make the overlash rollers slide out of place. The A-Frame rollers I buy from ICS are about 25$ a pop. That adds up when you have a 10,000 ft. fiber pull.
>
>>We consider offering a reward for an improvement to an existing tool. The valuation of a reward can vary, depending on the product and the improvement. The cost of the improvement is also a factor as it may or may not be cost effective. Customers may not want to pay the extra money for the benefit of the new feature. Sometimes a new feature can be included at very little additional cost.
>>
>>Lemco currently has two patents pending issuance. We recently signed an agreement with a patent holder who invented a tool used by installation troubleshooters. He will receive a royalty on each unit sold. We are currently considering another item sent to us by a man who has a patent pending issuance. These people have been comfortable to deal with.....because they spent the money and hold the paper.
>>
>>Your situation may be different. You probably have a good idea, but you don't know if its merit is worthy of a patent or if you want to risk the money required to find out. A good and honest patent attorney can help you. We don't know the cost of an opinion from a patent attorney, but the process of obtaining a patent on an item such as a hand tool may cost between $6K and $10K.
>>
>>We sell a tool that was invented by a contractor in the cable industry. He came to us without a patent, and like you he had reservations about how he would be treated. Our review of the item concluded that it could not be patented. This man receives a check from Lemco each month as a royalty payment on units sold.
>>
>>If you think your idea is worthy of a patent and you would like Lemco to participate, please be in touch with us. Before talking to us about your idea or sending us any materials, we recommend that we each sign a Nondisclosure Agreement for our mutual protection, which we can supply for your review.
>>
>>We hope the above information is helpful and satisfactorily answers your questions.
>>
>>Glenn
>>
>>>If we offer an improvement or a new tool Idea and you use it, whats in it for us. After all, we could copyright the idea or seek a patent for it.
>>>
>>>>I am with Lemco and looking for suggestions/complaints from the field that will help us make improvements to our products.
>>>>
>>>>If you think something needs to be improved and/or changed, tell us. If you also tell us why a change would be good, it helps us to understand your need.
>>>>
>>>>People who use tools are the most knowledgeable about them. Lemco knows how to make them, but we will accept all the help we can get with respect to features, etc.
>>>>
>>>>Your constructive criticism and input is certainly welcome. My name is Glenn Miller, President and owner of the Lemco Tool Corporation. We employ about 35 people. I tell you this so that you realize we are a small company and easy to talk to. My email address at Lemco is (-REDACTED-) if you care to use it. Visit our website at www.lemco-tool.com. >>>>
>>>>I look forward to hearing from you.
>>>>
>>>
This is CABL.com posting #33064. Tiny Link: cabl.co/miLs
Posted in reply to: Re:Tool Improvements Wanted by Complete Cable Const. Inc.
There are 0 replies to this message