Create your free account now! Sign up

Training

Hello I been a part of the forum for a while now.  Started out with cable, it unfortunately went down hill very fast.  I am now doing Sat work.  Been looking for a job in the networking field for a while now.  I have a ccna but most employers are not willing to give me more than 13hr without any actual experience programming routers.  So I am still doing sat work barely squeezing out a living while also finishing a degree in computer science.  Which i might add is actually weird because some people say that this is great for the future and i should be enjoying plenty of money soon but some in the industry say that this field is also going to s**t.  According to some jobs are being outsourced and pay dimishing.  Anyway the reason i posted this thread is because i need to know where in atlanta i can get some PON training.  Whatever aspects you guys with experience believe i should head into ill definitely consider.  I already have a basic fiber cert but honestly cant find any work here in Atlanta ga.  Have looked into many places and even offered to work for free to gain some experience splicing but cannot seem to get any love.  Well if you know where i can get some experience to strengthen what i currently posses and actually fill in a piece of my puzzle which consists of a ccna and a cfot Please do.  To be honest i am asking out of complete ignorance because i dont know much about networking field or fiber optics.  So if any of you can give me some direction and/or advise it will be greatly appreciated.
This is CABL.com posting #330414. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbx7q
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Training hookman 81 7/15/2011 9:55:38 PM
Re: Training brian1 7/13/2011 10:09:14 PM