Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: wow i got a 2,000.00 pay check for one week

There are several places that you can still run  good route and make good side money at the same time. Without shooting myself in the foot, most of the good work is for O&O markets in the south. I'm making 2 plus a week but I travel so I don't care about being home by 4PM, working weekends or holidays. Live like no one else today so you can live like no one else tomorrow!!

Lets do the math (as I was educated that I am incorrect in the other post).

+  2000.00   Pay
-      40.00   Insurance
-    250.00   Fuel for the week
-    200.00   Supplies
-    208.00   Hotel
-    125.00   Food

1,117 Remaining

Add side money and I am back up to where I started. Even if I made half what I do in side money, I would still be where my minimum is. Don't know about you but I think that's pretty decent. Don't get me wrong, I think this whole industry is a bunch of BS and I am only doing this for another year and that's why I am busting my butt to save every last dollar.

I see people on here posting rates like 50-10. Who can make any money with that? The idiot posting the add because some people are so desperate to work that they will do it. Truth be told, a guy would be better off applying in-house. The other reason for all the crappy rates are that guys that get taken advantage of allow themselves to be ripped off. When someone "lets it go", thy allowed the company to steal your money. If everyone would group together to push harder in stopping it, maybe it we would start to see a decline in crappy techs and crappy companies.  Truth be told, nobody is going to do that as a whole so the industry is going to continue to go down hill to the point where any real tech would find a better job and satellite will be left with mostly green horns that screw up everyone's house.

All it takes is a promise and a few techs and you can get a contract. Nobody checks your credit or your financial statement to see if you can support a company. Try doing that in any other field.

Save some money, go to school. Learn a new trade. Find something you want to do instead of something you have to do. If more techs would do this then maybe they would see their customers are the ones suffering when there aren't enough techs do get them serviced.

on a side note, if you travel, there are plenty of good paying jobs still out there that pay well and are legit. If it weren't for the side money then I wouldn't be in it still either.

This is CABL.com posting #330047. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbx1v
Posted in reply to: Re: wow i got a 2,000.00 pay check for one week by thand1
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: wow i got a 2,000.00 pay check for one week INSTALDUDE 9/28/2011 5:40:58 PM
Re: wow i got a 2,000.00 pay check for one week djackson8809 7/3/2011 1:03:12 PM