Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Reputable DTV companies? Are there any out th

Security vs Satellite.  Well most wireless installs take an hour to an hour and a half and pay anywhere from 60 to a hundred bucks.  No attic work usually.  A lot easier then Satellite.  Two wires to run, power and phone.  Power is just a transformer you use phone line, tie it to the transformer and plug it into the wall.  Phone you have to grab the telco line coming into the demark from the pole and wire the phone directly to the alarm, then take the house lines back out to the resi-side of the jack.  This is called line seizure.  Upsell is easy, basic system comes with 3 doors, 1 remote, 1 kepad, 1 motion and one siren.  Prices are; door/window, remote = 75, motion, glassbreak, smoke and heat detectors are 125.  Your cost; door/window, remote = 35, motion, glassbreak, smoke and heat detectors, 65 to 85.  Takes about 5 minutes to add them to the system.  I usually collect around 200 bucks in upsell from the customer.  This is a wireless system. 

Hardwire is a different breed, it can be more difficult than a satellite.  Most times it isnt though.  Same scenario, 3 doors, 1 keypad, 1 siren and 1 motion.  Each device has its own home run wire to the control panel.  These are actually more secure systems than a wireless system.  You can have a hybrid system.  That is a hardwire system with a wireless keypad installed so you can add either hardwire or wireless peripherials.  This install everything is ran through the attic.  The door contacts can be kind of a bitch but most of the time they are super simple.  Your job is easier with glow rods and grabbit poles.  My pole reaches 16 foot.  I don't have to crawl the header where the eave is to get my door wires.  I can be in and out of an attic in about 15 minutes.  That is pulling 8 wires.  Now your upsell here isnt the same as wireless.  Door/window, indoor or outdoor sirens = 25, motion, glassbreak, smoke and heat detectors = 75 to 100.  Cost is; door/window = 2 bucks.  Siren = 15, motion, glassbreak, smoke and heat detectors = 15 to 55.  You will also sell lots of DSL filters for the phone line.  Those sell for 25 bucks. 

Wireless install = 60 to 100.  100 is industry standard.  Extra points pay 5 to 10 bucks each.  Point = peripheral device. 
Hardwire install = 125 to 150.  150 is the industry standard.  Extra points pay 15 to 25 each. 

If you found the right company or companies you can make substantial money.  Service calls are AWESOME!  Mostly changing batteries.  I get 50 to 75 per service call.  The average service call takes about 15 minutes.  It is crazy!  I just wish the guy could keep me busier.  The one nice thing about this is the fact that ADT, Brinks, Central Security Group, Securenet and Rollins don't and won't put up with dealers not paying subs.  There is recourse and these companies don't let up.  That is why I have NEVER had an issue getting paid.  Even when I screwed up!  I always make it right, but I have to say between the two industries, the alarm industry has always been very good to me.  CCTV installs are usually gravy and those pay 100 bucks a camera usually.  Now you can negotiate more for exaggerated runs.  A good tech can install 3 H/W jobs a day or 5 wireless.  Most techs only do 2 a day.  But the parts are much more inexpensive.  Price your phone line, that and "b" connectors are all you will need.  Those are cheap too.  My prime provides me with my stuff, so I am just out fuel.  I get mileage for out of area installs too.  I done 3 in Grove last week.  I got 160 per job and they were less then 5 miles apart.  But because Grove is an hour and half away I got 160 per job.  I got to my first job at 9 and left my last job at 2.  So an eight hour day paid me 540 plus my 400 in upsell.  Like I said, if this guy had more work I would so not be considering getting back into satellites.  I have NEVER had a chargeback in the alarm industry as a tech.  Now salespeople get chargebacks, but techs usually don't. 
This is CABL.com posting #329988. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbx0y
Posted in reply to: Re: Reputable DTV companies? Are there any out th by ablcabltek
There are 0 replies to this message