Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:AT&T

Kudos, Allen

You have a long term perspective and that's because you are three days older than dirt and that's good.

>Glad to here that things are coming around in California earlbob. We have been around cable it seems, three days older than dirt.
>It never ceases to amaze me how stunned people are when the work stops. I've been in cable 18 years now, seen the good times and the bad. Been around the block enough to know that it's a circle, good places to see and bad. As an independant contractor we have always had a symbiotic relationship with in-house. It allowed us to survive, get along and forge friendships and in some cases enemys.
>It saddens me to see all of the anger emitted towards ATT these days. While I have never been a particular fan of ATT I have enjoyed some of their contracts in the past. One that was recently shut down and I lost several engineers when ATT slowed and eventually stopped, however I didn't get angry.
>There seems to be alot of displaced anger these days. People have forgotten that they are directly responsible for their actions.
>I guess we need to chalk these things of life up to experience.
>Remember nothing lasts forever, and if you plan for the future you'll be okay.
>My guess is that I'll receive several angry responses about my comments here today, but I know that I'll still be here today, tomorrow and in the extended future, prospering a little here and there.
>As such I will let everyone know who wrote this. Right Kemosabe?
>
>Regards to All,
>
>Allen Jones
>
>
>>Come on Billy. AT&T in California is getting back up slowly we cut loose with some work yesturday. I have contacts in the Springfield Il area they are working for AT&T come on Billy the work is close to Chicago
>>
>>>Stay away from AT&T they dont have any work that I know of In the chicago area. They are laying off people with 15 years experience with the old TCI company before the buyout.
>>>
>>>>>Just a note the postings will give preffered treatment to any of those who were let go yesterday, 50 in Oregon and 500 in Washington that I have heard of, with many more nation wide. I don't think it is my choice to go back....
>>>>
>>>>>Just received a posting from AT&T Boadband-Portland,OR. area.
>>>>>Hiring has started for @home/digital services techs. Don't know if this means the purse strings are FINALLY opening or not. Hopefully So! And trust me "Dawg" your not alone!
>>>>>
>>>>>WireDawgg
>>>>>http://CableDawgs.com >>>>>
>
>
This is CABL.com posting #32991. Tiny Link: cabl.co/miKh
Posted in reply to: Re:AT&T by cablebrasil
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:AT&T cablebrasil 2/21/2001 4:32:00 PM