Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: overtime

I haven't been paid overtime in about 12 years. Worked for a few companies that gave (comp-time) but never got to collect or use it all, just a few days here and there. The last time I was paid overtime was back in 1999, my last year in-house working for ComCast. I don't even get overtime now and I work for the government, they also give comp-time but at least they track it and I have no problem when I want or need to use it.
I got lucky when I found this gig, don't know if I could handle the real world anymore. No more living on the road, back charges, companies not wanting to pay you for your work, looking for the next contract. Just do my job and every 2 weeks they put the same amount in the bank, with benefits on top. Hell just for doing my job they are amazed, I see guys that only leave the office to go to lunch or go home, then wonder why they have problems on their projects. I can't stand to be inside that long and stay in the field as much as possible, haven't missed a deadline yet and stayed within or under budget.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #329828. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxXY
Posted in reply to: overtime by 2ndchance516
There are 0 replies to this message