Create your free account now! Sign up

July may be the end of contractors in Florida with

Copy of the notice. This will be used to shut down or change every subcontracting business in Florida. Unofficial answer is YES were are required to have a license to install cable and sat installations. Ether employee or licensed. https://www.flrules.org/Faw/FAWDocuments/FAWVOLUMEFOLDERS2011/3721/SECTX.pdfNOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on May 5, 2011, theElectrical Contractors’ Licensing Board has received thepetition for declaratory statement from Michael J. Scantland.The petition seeks the agency’s opinion as to the applicabilityof Sections 489.503(14)(a) and (b), F.S., as it applies to thepetitioner.The petition seeks the Board’s interpretation of Sections489.503(14)(a) and (b), F.S., as to whether the petitioner canperform a type of Limited Energy wiring, as listed in thepetition, without an electrical contractor license.A copy of the Petition for Declaratory Statement may beobtained by contacting: Juanita Chastain, Executive Director,Electrical Contractors’ Licensing Board, 1940 North MonroeStreet, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783.Request it goes into the entire scope of cable and satellite installations. Everyone DBPR office is waiting to enforce it. Owners per-pair. The days of companies shitting on you is about to come to an end. My answer on the phone was yes I am required which means everyone is, but this nails the coffin shut in writing.FYI for everyone in Florida to per-pair for this change. The 3 certs are not licenses and all the DTV certs are not aswell. I will update with the official response.MS
This is CABL.com posting #329038. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxLe
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: July may be the end of contractors in Florida bushmaster 6/19/2011 10:13:04 AM