Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 26 May 2011

Well Gary wouldn't your own book give you the answer? Wasn't there Thomas (the doubter) who didn't believe Jesus was who he claimed to be? I know he came to believe otherwise, but he doubted and he was there.

There will always be doubters and nay sayers, and questioners. You yourself have said god gave man freewill; part of having freewill is thinking and questioning things. You have come to accept the bible as gospel, (no pun intended)  to take it to heart and not question its teachings. That's exactly what the bible asks you to do. Because you believe if you follow the teachings, believe repent, accept Christ, you get rewarded in heaven for eternity. People do the same thing with cybernetics, although there rewards are different and they fly off in a mother ship. I am not saying that cybernetics and the bible are the same, far from it. I am saying that people are different, but for the most part they all want to believe there is a reason for them to be here, and because they are different (because of free will) they will take different paths. Chances are they will not agree with anyone that does not believe the same as they do. Hence the number of wars fought over whose god is the right one. Not even you Christians can agree over just how to worship god. If you did there wouldn’t be 38000 or so Christian denominations would there.

I guess it all boils down to people who do not think the same way as you do are always going to look for faults, weaknesses, and chinks in your armor. If science ever comes up with exact dates of when things happened, where said and whatever else. You can bet there will be questions about some other part of what you believe.

DISCLAIMER: T he above are the opinions are strictly those of the writer and in no way reflect the views of the Bar.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #328177. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxxl
Posted in reply to: Re: 26 May 2011 by Gary Vest
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: 26 May 2011 Splicer Life 4me 5/26/2011 11:21:38 PM
Re: 26 May 2011 Gary Vest 5/26/2011 10:21:41 PM