Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How In The World

Back in the early 90's we use to use SA converters in the system, we had two colors tan and black. They had remotes that were tan or black also. A tan remote would only work a tan box and vice-versa with the black. One day I get a service call to exchange a black converter for a tan one with the same programing. No big deal easy call. So I get to the house and the guy lets me in and as I'm changing the box I ask what's wrong with the black one? He says oh nothing it works fine. I say oh you just don't like the color then? He says no color is fine. So I ask why are you changing the box? He goes to the window at the side of the room and point to his neighbors house and says that's why. Now this is a old Pennsylvania town so his neighbors house is only about 3 or 4 feet from his. I must have had a dumber look on my face than normal so he tells me. "I would be sitting here watching TV and my cable box would change channels or turn off by itself. I would change it back and it would do it again. This has been going on for about two weeks. I've check all the connections, changed outlets, bought a new power strip, everything."  Then he went on to say he was watching TV the other night and it started again, he was just about to pull everything apart again when he heard some kids laughing. He looked out his window and there were the neighbor kids standing at their window with their remote in hand just having a good old time. Said he was a little upset at first but then saw the humor in what they were doing but wanted to watch TV without having to worry about it changing by its self. I think he took it better than most people.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #327707. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxpL
Posted in reply to: Re: How In The World by Nightlife1970
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: How In The World Anasazi 5/21/2011 3:03:07 PM
Re: How In The World TheRobMan 5/20/2011 8:08:44 PM