Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:LET'S GIVE AT&T THE BOOT

>> Is your handle "jobless" because that is your current employeement staus?<<<

Well no shit Sherlock, what was your first clue?

>>Any CATV pfrofessional worth his salt, that is currently out of work at the present time, should be able to find work.<<

So, what you are saying here, is that all of us out of work are not any good, I doubt you know what you are talking about. We built the system you pull your income from. You obviously have not seen my resume.

>> And despite what you think, we (ATT Broadband) are out of capital and have been since before Xmas.<<

Yeah, I know the feeling, been off since then, listening to the standard "any day now" response from you.I have been with a very reliable company and wanted to stay with them, so figured I could make it a month or so, so I would stick it out with them. Gettin too old to go jotting about the countryside.Job to job. Good people create good relationships with thier employers. Will AT&T be hiring contractors with short term employees, that bounce from one to another, sort of unreliable in the big picture..ya think?

>>The mother ship has cut our operating budget buy two thirds for the remainder of this year. ATT core has emassed nearly 67 Billion in debt trying to find a way to stay in the game as it's long distance revenues disappear.<<

I wonder how much more they will lose when they drive the good lineman,splicers,sweepers,techs,etc.. to the poor house and they are left with slipshod work orders filled by the "new" contractors that do not have the many years of expierence. My guess is the customer will grow tired, and move on as well. Good thing they are keeping some of the great (cough) ones around like you to babysit huh.

>> I understand your frustration if you were one of the many that got tossed on Thursday, but instead of declaring a war you can't win, give it some time to heal and move on.<<

Word is they are cutting left and right, your job may even be on the line, so carful what you pen, you could be next. Let me know how you "Feel" then.. OK?

This is CABL.com posting #32758. Tiny Link: cabl.co/miGw
Posted in reply to: Re:LET'S GIVE AT&T THE BOOT by pete006
There are 0 replies to this message