Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: dish network qcs how can a contractor aford th

I am A QC inspector for a large MSO, No bonding has no merit whatsoever, I do not agree however to backcharge the tech who was there after the install on a service call. I work in cable but have a few years experience in Dish and Directv installs also. Satellite is a completly differant animal versus cable when it comes to back charges. I would have found out who did the install and hit him with the charge back, but in satellite that installer probably came from another state to do the work. This type of charge back comes from the "last man out" policy, meaning he who is there at the time assumes all responsibility for the job. To help you in future situations, it goes like this in satellite, If you do the job you were sent there to do and you accept the pay for that job, it had better be up to spec when you leave, if it is not and you are caught (Qc'd) you will lose your pay for that job. So, in light of that, you have to eat some of these jobs in order to save your pay, In other words you should have contacted your boss and explained the situation, telling him you can not "touch" this service call as it was not installed to spec and you know that you will be  hit with a chargeback if you touch it. If he demands that you do the job regardless, you tell him you want something in writing stating his company will assume the charge back, if he refuses, then you need to make a decision whether to continue employment with a dishonest company. In other words, you need to know the rules of the game you are playing and use them to cover your own ass.
This is CABL.com posting #327523. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxmN
There are 0 replies to this message