Create your free account now! Sign up

pride

In the last 17yrs, being in this totaly unstable CATV business, I often wonder what all the people i have worked with are doing now? I can't even   remember half their names. I do remember a few that i do repsect and miss, due to their personality or work ethic--some good some bad--. Mostly I miss my friends that never let me down like Jeremy Snyder of Total Cable. He never really complained about anything I asked him to do and never let me down by not doing whatever was asked of him. It's real hard to find people of his caliber anymore. I work by the hour now, not exactly thrilled by that, but there is some advantages of a steady paycheck and being home with my family almost every night, but i still love my job. Tried to get out a few times but over the years, I've realized that CATV and telephone aerial construction is what I'm good at and what I really enjoy doing. Seems to me that most "so called" lineman these days are more interested in complaining about what there not getting instead of being proud of what they do. Myself,  I still look at the pole line whenever I drive down the street and I'm proud to be able say " I built that". It just seems like a lot of people work harder at getting out of doing their work instead of being proud of what they did. What happened to all those guys I learned from that enjoyed there job and were proud of it? Just wish there was more of them left. Not ashamed to sign my name to this, I'm still proud of what I do.

J.Allemann

This is CABL.com posting #327244. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxii
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: pride gococks 8/30/2011 3:53:53 PM
Re: pride johnmc3 8/29/2011 4:05:33 PM
Re: pride deleted 8/29/2011 2:11:39 PM
Re: pride ReelRunner1 8/29/2011 1:08:08 PM
Re: pride Beeker 5/14/2011 8:13:13 AM