Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: KableLink - Orlando, Fl -

Appreciate the info. Everyone I have met seemed like good people. Just waiting for a ride-along so I can talk to the techs that excel there and really find out what is going on. Either way I am in and will get into a company if it isn't promising once I am local.BTW, what is the deal with these lawsuits? I have been out of the industry running a property preservation company (foreclosures) for a few years and they were just starting to begin but it seems everyone is going after these companies now. I for one enjoyed my experience in cable and didn't mind the 1099 for the taxes and I don't need health insurance thanks to the other half. Are all 1099 primes going to be forced into employee based (currently kablelink, to my knowledge, is 100% 1099)? I understand the concept of the employee and benefits and O/T but from the rates I have seen at the employee company it is hard to imagine doing the work seeing how I still pay for fuel which is by far my biggest expense. Also, in my opinion, almost all accidents are avoidable by using safety standards, common sense, and maintaining equipment. If your a klutz then cough up the percentage for insurance. So is my math/outlook fuzzy or should I be looking forward to the possibility of being employee?! I just can't imagine using my truck, tools, fuel, etc. and then being paid considerably less all to get a little mileage, a couple hundred dollar health insurance plan, and O/T which I imagine they would try to limit more. The only way I could see this is all there tools/trucks/fuel/ and you get hourly rate, like in-house. I mean if I wanted a mediocre hourly rate with nice 40 hours I would do it but I prefer to grind 5 long days, maybe 6, and bringing home considerably more. What do you think?!
This is CABL.com posting #327147. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxgJ
Posted in reply to: Re: KableLink - Orlando, Fl - by jcevers37
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: KableLink - Orlando, Fl - TrueVisionSouth 5/13/2011 1:13:26 AM