Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Most amusing....

Simply I was told they had work they really didn't. And because I moved to Florida and bought a house outright My living expenses for a 5 year old house in a nice neighborhood including property tax, ins, utilities (elec. cable, internet, phone) are about $600 a month plus food and a few other items. My wife is transferring from her job with an NPO that she has been with for 17 years to one of their offices down here with the same pay and 100 % of our health ins. paid for. I took a job in cable because I can do it in my sleep and have no problem getting one. And no longer needed to earn the $7,000 plus a month to support living in northern Westchester NY.  2 days after I walked away from them I contacted 2 national IT service companies and am now contracting for both of them 3-4 days a week at $55-$75 an hour depending on what the support call consists of.
P.S. when I sent them an email about final payment I included all the verbiage from the Dept. of labor, division of labor standards sections and sub sections of laws pertaining to working as a W-2 employee and guess what...... I got a check today covering week one, and the check for week two is being sent on Friday which is when that pay period is owed and due.  I can only assume the email I sent went higher up the food chain to somebody with a little more sense then the person I wrote it to.

So like I have always said...... I will get paid whats due me.
This is CABL.com posting #327092. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxfQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Most amusing.... by Quester
There are 0 replies to this message