Create your free account now! Sign up

Most amusing....

Recently I went to work for a company who told me they had lots of commercial work and would route me as a commercial tech because of my back ground and references. They said it was required that I ride along for one week for training simply to learn their system and I figured "ok no big deal" after three days the supervisors gave me the "we shouldn't training you, you should be training us". On day three of "training" the supervisor met us at a job and told me that I would be getting residential work for a month or so just to see how I could do and I let him know that I was hired on the premise that I would be doing commercial work and that if it was a problem there were no hard feelings and I would simply move on.

I'm not gonna go into the details about the following 6 days of work, but it just wasn't going to work out.  So two weeks later I send an email asking about monies owed for working as a W-2 employee and using my own van and was told in writing by their HR person that they don't pay out till they are paid by the cable company.... This is all too funny because to actually send me a statement in writing saying W-2 employees have to wait untill they are paid is just like walking up to a cop and saying "hey, I have a kilo of dope in my backpack". They really have blurred the line between subs and W-2's in this case.  In the email they also cut my hours for training and made no mention of the promised reimbursement for using my own van.
I don't think I'm going to cash this check they say they mailed, but rather bring the email and check to the attention of the Division of Labor standards and let it go from there.
This is CABL.com posting #327027. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxeN
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Most amusing.... bushmaster 5/13/2011 7:27:59 PM
Re: Most amusing.... Precision5799 5/12/2011 7:11:23 AM
Re: Most amusing.... Quester 5/11/2011 10:03:10 PM
Re: Most amusing.... johnmc3 5/11/2011 9:04:12 AM
Re: Most amusing.... yankee1 5/10/2011 4:32:15 PM