Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How To Be Saved

God's Word. After accepting the Bible as being the divinely inspired Word of God. How did I come to accept it as that? Reading it. Praying to God and asking Him to reveal Himself in my life. Referencing fulfilled prophecies, researching other historical documents that back up what the Bible has to say, eyewitness accounts of the life of Christ, eyewitness accounts of the risen Christ, the fact that all but one apostle died for the Gospel, this after a life changing encounter with the risen Christ, as they all fled and didn't stand by Him when He was arrested, tried, and crucified, yet was willing to die for Him after realizing that Christ truly was who He said He was. (How they didn't see that just from the miracles and healings he performed while alive, I do not know.)Things of science that were written of in the Bible, yet science has only lately discovered them to be true. All that and then some. All that and what He has done in my life. Accounts of what He has done in the lives of others. Creation. What He has laid on my heart as I seek Him. Answered prayer. All this after deciding I wanted to know what was truth, as so many beliefs are being tossed around, each with as much zeal as the other, so how can one go by what is told to them unless they do serious research of the material being shared with them? Being skeptical to any information until it can be studied out. Through it all, I have come to the conclusion that I can, and do, accept the Bible as divinely inspired and what God has put together, through men, to lead us, to guide us, and for us to live by.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #326725. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbw9V
Posted in reply to: Re: How To Be Saved by johnmc3
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: How To Be Saved johnmc3 5/6/2011 8:23:55 AM
Re: How To Be Saved Gary Vest 5/5/2011 12:01:42 PM