Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 25 April 2011

"No, I definitely believe in Jesus Christ, the only Son of God. But my God is the one written about in the bible."

Taken right from Mark's post. So now, ask him two simple questions, and see if you can get a straight answer.

1. How did you come to believing in Jesus?

2. What Bible do you speak of when you say your God is the one written about in it?

He completely bashes all translations of the Bible as being lies perpetrated by people that had their own agendas, yet makes that statement. So which is it? I wonder if he has ever researched the history of the Bible or any of the texts the Bible was translated from?

And for the record, ANY Bible will relate what John 3:3 says, and that is "unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God"

It would seem to me his only purpose is to try to get others to see things "his" way, not God's way. Forget any kind of pursuit to find the truth, or any documentation that would lead one to truth. Just ask him and he will tell you what you need to know. Mix that with all the name calling and gutter mouthed verbage, and you should have it made. Yet ask why he believes what he believes and you will get nothing but a tail chasing run around the bush.

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."
Matthew 13:13-15
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #326236. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbw12
Posted in reply to: Re: 25 April 2011 by MCSub
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: 25 April 2011 Gary Vest 4/28/2011 7:43:25 PM
Re: 25 April 2011 Gary Vest 4/27/2011 11:34:34 PM