Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Prince Telecom

You get what you paid for, Prince drove the pricing down in this market when they started. In Louisiana, they had the worst installers I have ever seen, but what they were paying for a new aerial install, I wouldnt drive by and spit out the window for that price. In 1979, back before they had specs, we used to run a drop straight from the tap to the hole, didnt follow power, and used a staple gun, and we got $25 a install. Thats right 32 years ago and we got more then than Prince is paying now. Even CMI who took over for Prince here is paying $15 plus $5 gas for a total of twenty. What a joke, which is why I havent done installs in years. When modems first came out we were getting $50 each, and now I see prices that are just laughable. Most of the really good techs are out of cable now. These contractors need to man up and start pushing the prices back up, with these gas prices today, I dont see how anyone can do installs, not if you want to make a living and not just live check to check.
This is CABL.com posting #326069. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwZl
Posted in reply to: Re: Prince Telecom by njcabl
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Prince Telecom yankee1 4/24/2011 4:33:01 PM