Average Cost of new house $113,200.00
Average Income per year $31,230.00
Average Monthly Rent $532.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas $1.16
Movie Ticket $4.14
Average cost of new car $12,750.00
Loaf of Bread $1.57
Tuition to Harvard University $23,514.00

You made no less than $900 a week? I'd say you were a pretty well off, some might even say a bit over paid

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that the mean hourly wages for electricians was $24.45 in May 2009 (www.bls.gov). This amounted to a mean annual income of $50,850.

Master electricians are the elite of a highly skilled trade and usually work as supervisors or own their own contracting businesses. They are responsible for installing and maintaining the complex circuitry and wiring that brings power to the many electrical devices we use every day in homes, offices and factories. Although a lot of study is involved, becoming a master electrician requires mainly on-the-job training and years of experience. Today, the primary growth areas for master electricians are in applications that involve installing and operating computer-based video, audio, and data processing systems.

Difficulty:
Challenging

Instructions
things you'll need:

* High school diploma

Take appropriate courses in high school. You should take courses in mathematics, physics and blueprint reading or shop working with electrical components. Computer-based infrastructure and wiring is becoming more a part of the electrician's work, so courses in computer science are also a plus.

Get a two-year associate's degree in electronics at a community college or technical school. In the past, classes were a part of apprenticeships but today most aspiring electricians start with a program of courses in electronics, physics (electrical theory), mathematics and safety and building codes. Take advantage of internships and placement programs to move on to an apprenticeship.

Complete an apprenticeship to become a licensed electrician. It normally requires about two years to complete the program if you already have the classroom work finished (otherwise it's about four years). Apprenticeship programs are sponsored and supervised by organizations like the International Brotherhood of Electricians and the National Association of Contractors.

Take the exam to obtain an electrician's license. All 50 states and the District of Columbia require that you pass a written test to be licensed. There is no standardized national test, so check with your apprenticeship supervisor about arranging to take the exam.

Continue your education on the job and/or earn a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering. State requirements vary, but in order to be eligible to take the exam for master electrician you will need either seven years of experience or the college degree. Some states also require a separate test to become a contractor.

Read more: How to Become a Master Electrician | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4798240_become-master-electrician.html#ixzz1K1maBszo

Try a little prospective here when it comes to your pay and remember most rode with Bill Bob for two weeks and off they went for that over no less than $900 a week

This is CABL.com posting #325841. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwVF
Posted in reply to: Re: What happened to my pay? by dmc682
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: What happened to my pay? dmc682 4/20/2011 9:15:00 AM
Re: What happened to my pay? skidmark 4/20/2011 3:26:41 AM