Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: directv tech# get suspended!!

Here be the rephrase,

I had a conversation with the site administrator and now see what happened to another post. All is well.

Regarding this thread....Less and less attention is being paid to the status of techs doing work in the name of Directv. Customers do not care about these distinctions.

So when a Directv employee (read O/O) backs over the puppy or does poor work it is Directv who must deal with their customer. When some level of subcontractor backs over a puppy or somehow does poor work it is up to Directv to both fix their customer and adjust what happens to the subcontractor for backing over the puppy or doing poor work.

Likewise, it has happened that subcontractors have placed mechanic liens on Directv customer homes because they have not been paid for installations. Subcontractors have had money removed from their compensation (back charges) without
reason. An extreme example of this would be where a Directv customer calls to get the techs address to mail him a tip and the tech gets back charged because the customer called Directv within seven days (SIN7).

My constructive suggestion to all this is that ownership of the installation be left with the original technician for a fair period (30 days) and no money be paid to HSPs until they have written proof they have paid the installer. Should this inconvenience  the HSPs that would be ok with me. They have, in my opinion, been less than trust worthy business entities and need weeding out.

The goal should be finding and retaining competent techs who provide good service to Directv customers. The oposit result, making HSPs and others rich at the expense of techs, should be avoided.

Does this make more sense?

Joe
joe
This is CABL.com posting #325255. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwMd
Posted in reply to: Re: directv tech# get suspended!! by dfwdtv
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: directv tech# get suspended!! dfwdtv 4/11/2011 6:10:42 PM