Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Ten Commandments

When I was "saved" I was made a new creation, all of the old passed away.

I was made one with Christ and one with the father as he is one with the father.

I was seated in the heavenlies with Jesus

I am in Christ and he is in me.

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

There is no way for a "saved" individual to not "have fellowship" with God, they are one.

The passage you quoted is Jesus' answer to Hebrews that were still under the law asking what the greatest commandment was. It was not directed to people living under grace after the perfect sacrifice of Jesus accomplished forgiveness for sins.

Now simmer down you big fundy!

I have been all over fundy land since birth, there is no scripture for you to quote, no passage for you to explore, no argument for you to make that I have not heard a hundred times. The law has nothing to do with grace and to say so elevates man and brings down Jesus. I know, I know, you all beg to differ but that is what it does.

If you have to keep commandments to  get "saved" then you are saved by works.

If you have to keep commandments to "stay in right standing with God" then that is to say not all of your sins are forgiven at the time of salvation and you keep your salvation by works, "oh foolish Galatians".

Leave the hard-core fundamentalism out of it.

Now that I think about it though this is a religion forum and there is no religion so religious as the fundamentalists.

I'm all for traveling with people on a spiritual road wherever they may be as you may read on my other posts but when the people on the road think that they own and are responsible for all the road signs, that is a bit of a challenge even for me. Even Jesus didn't enjoy the company of the Pharisees too well.

I apologize if that seems harsh but I call at as I see it and Jesus didn't die on a cross so that some more requirements could be put in place for us to be at peace with and in fellowship with our God.

This is CABL.com posting #325205. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwLp
Posted in reply to: Re: Ten Commandments by kid cable
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Ten Commandments kid cable 4/23/2011 7:22:00 PM
Re: Ten Commandments kid cable 4/11/2011 10:05:24 AM
Re: Ten Commandments jnewb33485 4/11/2011 1:05:48 AM