Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: External References to Jesus and the Christian

The cup of cold water I am referring to is a physical act not spiritual enlightenment, "a cup of cold water in my name to the least of these".

We cannot give a glass of cold water in a spiritual sense. The only spiritual water is that of Jesus himself of which he speaks of rivers flowing out. That water will be a constant flow, an overwhelming rush. That will come by the work of the spirit. We can do what he did, serve, meet needs, "be ready in and out of season with an answer for the hope we have". Notice we are supposed to be ready with an answer, that means they have to have a question first and then our answer should be at least to some extent confined to hope.

A heart of compassion for people like he had will not cause animosity to grow in you or hostility, only deep concern. Let them believe what they will, if they believe anything spiritual then they are on a journey of faith and, I believe, he will meet them on that journey.

I would again recommend Rob Bell's book, "Love Wins". I think if you ave compassion for people wo do not know Jesus then you would really be impressed with it, if you read it with an open mind. Asking questions of the spirit throughout though, not asking questions of your theological, doctrinal statement of faith.

Have a good one Goodsky!
This is CABL.com posting #325125. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwJ7
There is 1 reply to this message