Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: External References to Jesus and the Christian

Goodsky,

You are missing the point.

Proven or dis-proven God is God or He isn't. There is no proving it, so as I mentioned to Gary it is simply about faith. Please check out that post, no sense wasting Bar space for a repeat.

Just a question though, what is wrong with the following?:

"Hey how is it going? yeah I have some spiritual beliefs. What are they? Well, I believe that at least a fair amount of the bible is true, though I can't prove it, just a sense that I get, I call it faith; so I believe that Jesus is the son of God and that he paid a price that had to be paid and now I can be reconciled to God in peace. Does that strike you at all, stir up any questions? No? Well, I believe it and I believe He wants you to know Him as well so I'm sure He will find some time or place or circumstance to speak to you, figuratively or literally. Maybe you have some other spiritual beliefs that you are working through like a journey that will lead you some place one day and maybe I'll be right there next to you. So in the meantime, anything I can help you with, roof to shingle, house to paint, shoulder to cry on, glass of water? Have a great day."

All done, no preaching, no bashing, no condescending, no proving. Just thoughtful discussion about differing spiritual beliefs, allowing for the CHOICE that God designed from the beginning and then a "cup of cold water". Why is that so difficult, why must we debate with those that do not believe exactly as we do???

This is CABL.com posting #325097. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwJF
There is 1 reply to this message