Create your free account now! Sign up

Excelent Job Kenneth

By: Jim Palmer ( (-REDACTED-) )

My hat is off to you Kenneth.
Out of all the harsh realities of splicing you summed it up in a nutshell.
I would just like to add that splicing is a like a bad habit.
Once you start and get good at it you cant stop because
you get to accustomed to the money you can make.
I myself am on my second wife and it hasent been easy on her.
But hey you gotta be able to pay the bills huh?
But I gotta give you credit that was a well constructed piece.
No Bull Involved.

original message:
----------------------------------------
Darrell, yes-excellent income can be derived from splicing. In house is the best way to learn IF you can find the right company that will invest in YOU. However, traveling is neccessary and is very hard on the family. So, whomever told you that is absolutly right. After 18 yrs in CATV Ive seen many marriages fall apart. 2 of my own! This certainly is not the rule, so make sure your family is FOR you and understands this to be your desire for everyone to profit. When you do advance(and you will if you set your mind on it)get home often, and try to arrange your family to be with you on the weekends as much as possible.
Before you start your quest though, look into NCTI and study the basics (if you havn't already)electronic theory and an understanding of is essential. Anyone with half a brain can splice Darrell, but to be the BEST, pay attention to detail, there are many little things that make a HUGE difference in QUALITY WORKMANSHIP. Learn to troubleshhoot is also required. I think I'm rambling!!! There is alot to know. Get out with a splicer whenever you can on your own time-be his/her helper, watch and comprehend, ask questions-hmmmm........if you never try......you'll never know?

original message:
I am currently sub-contracting,doing residential installs.I want to learn splicing but am being discouraged by present company.I would like to advance my career and earning potential.I'm being told that the travel alone would kill me,did I mention I'm married
w\ three daughters.I currently make $1000 to $1500 a week and I'm usually home by 3:00.I've heard that I could double my income once I learn the routine and become profficient at it. I would appreciate any insight about pursuing splicing.Please don't
spare me the harsh realities nor the glorious bottom line.Thanks in advance.

This is CABL.com posting #3240. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m0q
Posted in reply to: Re: Rough on the family. by System
There are 0 replies to this message