Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Background Check Question for Directv...

The guy had judgments against him for cars and furniture that had to be repossessed. He was sued by former employees. It looked like either a former wife, GF or an adult offspring defaulted on a note he co signed. There was a minor drug thing.

Stuff like that!

None of this was serious for consumer credit consideration. But for a business deal it is a hint what you can expect.

I now do more what is considered "due diligence" to discover who I am dealing with. When I meet potential installation company operators who are insulted when I ask for identification or how long they have been in business I just hang up the phone.

If you plan to put your labor and materials at risk you do not work for bottom dollar. You demand prompt and complete payment. If they even blink at prompt payment...you go to the cops with the first bounced chesk. You stop work until paid in full if the check is wrong. You read the whole contract and reject the BS about back charges or using out of state courts. You do not work for anyone without a bank account in the same state. You have a confessed judgment clause for collections and always ask the courts for attorney fees and collection costs.

Stuff like that,

Joe
joe
This is CABL.com posting #323947. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwq7
Posted in reply to: Re: Background Check Question for Directv... by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Background Check Question for Directv... basebandit5 3/27/2011 2:24:49 AM