Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 10 ft. Ground Rod Installation Helpful Ideas

Just be glad you didn't have to do GR's in Rocky Mount N.C. where they required 16ft of rod
I can't remember the system I think it was a charter system but they issued you threaded couplers and a threaded driving cap
and if my memory serves me rite Mastec paid $125.00 for a GR/VGR per location.
the system had a QC guy with a Megaohm meter the coffee grinder type and it better read zero ohms
and If you couldn't get 16ft in the ground you had to figure out a way to have the threaded end of the GR exposed, so there was no cutting of the GR.

I used a strand vice on a bumper jack to jack the rod out to the coupler, the QC guy would always give you a heads up on the day he was going to your section,
that was the days before there were nodes and you worked a Power supply section and you ran your ass out to your section and dumped a gallon of water down the hole.

Dam I miss those days of the 3000ft trunk express runs across the farmers pasture getting paid footage, $5000.00 for a 4 day week
at the shop at 7am draw materials, go to breakfast, hit the field at 9am, at the bar for happy hour, get kicked out at last call
those were the days
This is CABL.com posting #323912. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwqy
Posted in reply to: Re: 10 ft. Ground Rod Installation Helpful Ideas by skidmark
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: 10 ft. Ground Rod Installation Helpful Ideas skidmark 3/26/2011 12:45:38 PM