Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Will this end the bickering? For me, yes.

Brother J.

Gary is firm in his faith and you can tell there is no shaking him from it. It works for him and gets him through the day. He may or may not be right. I'm sure in his mind he is. I say that's cool especially in this day and age where few people if any stick to their convictions. Good to see that there are still people that do. Even tho you and I and others on the site may not agree with him I'm sure he indeed practices what he preaches, just as I know you do.

Religion and politics are extremely touchy subjects because everyone thinks they or their side is right. One of the greatest things about this country is that at least we can talk openly about either subject with out killing each other. Yeah there will be disagreements, name calling and hurt feelings but for the most part everyone will walk away to argue and debate another day. I do have to hand it to everyone who has voiced their opinion in this thread for keeping it out of the gutter. I know I myself on other forums on this site am guilty of some mud flinging who here hasn't. To paraphrase from Gary's favorite book, Let he who hasn't cast the first stone.

Anyway brother J. I'm going to give the book you listed a read, I've already read the other. So to all of you I say thanks for the great thread and because I'm Buddhist I'm sure I'll be saying this again some day
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #323906. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwqs
Posted in reply to: Re: Will this end the bickering? For me, yes. by jmiller
There are 0 replies to this message