Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A Positive Influence

You'll not get an answer to that, Rob. I have asked the same thing, and it played out just like it did for you. I have given them the resources to search these Truths out for themselves, but I kind of knew when I did it that they wouldn't bother. There are those that have been successfully deceived and their heart's are hardened. They will do what man has done since the beginning and that is to do what is right in their own eyes and what is wrong in God's eyes. What is sad is that the consequences for those decisions are eternal and could have been avoided. There is a saying goes, "I'd rather live my life believing in God, die and find out there isn't than to live my life not believing, die, and find out there is" They're right, we have lost nothing, we're right and they have very dire consequences to deal with. That in itself was enough to make me REALLY dig deep into what was Truth and through it God revealed Himself to me through His Word and you can believe I put it to the test. I think the biggest evidence for me, well there are two, and that is the empty tomb and the fact that 11 out of 12 of the apostles died for what they believed. They all, except Paul as he wasn't an apostle at the time, scatterd like mice when Jesus was arrested and crucified, but after witnessing the resurrected Christ, their lives were profoundly changed to exactly what the Truth is, a Truth that they KNEW they could not deny, even when presented with being tortured to death. I have shared that as well, and did not receive any rebuttal in return. There is certain information you can throw out there and they just tend to ignore it, or just simply chase the rabbit down a different trail, leaving them behind. Again, what man is going to allow himself to be tortured to death over a lie? What gain is there and what could possibly make dying worth perpetrating it? Simple question. What lie is worth dying for? By the way, the deaths of these men is not detailed in the Bible. They are found in historical documents written by Jews, not Christians.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #323396. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwie
Posted in reply to: Re: A Positive Influence by TheRobMan
There is 1 reply to this message
Where were we? TheRobMan 3/21/2011 8:26:29 PM