Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Japan

You wouldn't be able to handle the way they do cable there. First all their poles are concrete, makes it hard to climb and dulls the gaffs quick. Second forget about any T40's or any other bucket truck that will let you drive the truck with the bucket raised. All their bucket trucks require you to stop the truck and put the outriggers down and the truck to be level before the bucket can even be raised.

Then there's the whole being the sub of a sub of a sub of a sub to actually get the job and the kick backs to everyone above you thing that makes the stuff that I seen here in the states look like child's play. Oh and then don't forget your a foreigner so that presents a whole other set of problems.

I worked over there for 8 years for a US company on the US Bases. It's a whole different kind of animal.

Don't get me wrong I loved it there, loved the people, had a great time, met my wife there, and if I had another chance to work for a US company there I would go back in a heartbeat. But work on their economy no thanks, that takes a special kind of person, and I'm to old and set in my ways to put up with a brand new set of rules.

If you really want to help them out donate some cash to the Red Cross.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #323096. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbwdo
Posted in reply to: Japan by rodent
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Japan pmcg1976 3/21/2011 9:06:05 PM