Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: from a bag to a bucket?

What are kind of work are you doing? Bucket Boss is great for splicing underground, you can put the line gear in it and get one of those seats for when your at the location. Sure saves the knees. I use to use one when I was splicing underground, before I got that I used a bathmat with a rubber backing to kneel on. Kept me dry when the ground was wet and covered enough area that if you dropped a seizure screw or something else small you could find it easy. Then you roll it up when your done and move on.

If you're doing aerial splicing a bag is the best, wouldn't want to try to hall a 5  gallon bucket up a pole. A bag you can just clip on your belt and take it up with you as you climb..

Installs a belt is the best, keep all your tools on you, I wouldn't want to try to lug a bucket into a crawlspace. If you take a little time and look at the whole job before you start you can avoid unneeded trips. I use to start with the customer inside, find out where and how many outlets they wanted, note how many wall plates, what type of splitter/s I needed, best rout to run the lined where the ground was going to go etc. Then look over the outside see what was needed. Go back to the truck and get everything ready, do my outside work first then just pick up the stuff I would need for the inside and finish the job. Usually one maybe two trips to the truck, could do a 5 set no line into the house with converter box's in a hour and a half. Now give me it has been at least 12 years since I have done a install.

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #322534. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbv4k
Posted in reply to: from a bag to a bucket? by dylanger
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: from a bag to a bucket? dylanger 3/3/2011 11:01:10 PM