Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:so say the cable gods

21 years in this gig for me and i'm like the rest of you, i've seen most every kind of fuck over there is. made some good money here and there too, and still don't have anything more to show for it than what i started with. likely never will, but i stay with this because i love it. god help me.

i don't see this gig ever changing because its not in the nature of most of us to try to change it. we love this business specifically because it is so fucked up. very few rules, near total independence, constantly changing scenery. slightly controlled chaos in other words. its no coincidence that a lot of us are bikers, this shit was ready made for us. its also no coincidence that very few other types of people want anything to do with being a cable dawg. this life ain't easy, it requires tough independent people. hell don't you think the cable companies would have done away with most of us years ago if they could find someone else willing to put up with this crap? you know they would, but there ain't anyone else. it takes a certain kind of fool to love this life... and we are few.

>
>If everone is tired of being screwed over by employers & employees why dosn't any one do anything about it. I have been in this business for 8 years and have lost countless thousands of dollars but until I found this web site I thought it was just me and my luck. I think that if everyone of the small guys got together and set prices and standerds that there would not be any more problems. And until we can stop cutting each others throats this problem with people stealing our money(and thats all it is)can not be solved!!!!!
This is CABL.com posting #32207. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mixD
Posted in reply to: Re:so say the cable gods by FLETCH
There is 1 reply to this message
Thats My Story and I'm Sticking To It! Splicer Life 4me 2/12/2001 11:36:00 AM