Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why do customers insist on lying on you???

Just one more reason MSO's use contractors for installs,  LIABILITY.   Only time and experience of yourself and others will teach you how to CYA. Most cellphones have cameras built into them, use em. Let the customer boot up their own desktop/laptop, if it takes 10 minutes for it to fully boot up there's your clue, ask them (with the voice recorder of your cell phone on) does it normally take that long for your desktop to boot up ? usually they'll respond "yeah it needs some work done".  Have them turn on their televisions to check for proper operation prior to even touching it, and again record the responses to any problems. I found that 99.9% of the time if you have the customer say "there's a problem with it" before you touch it there won't be any damage claims.  But there is always that .1% that will turn on a device at your request and say "it was working fine till you walked in the room"

And never, I mean never attempt to move any kind of furniture as accidents do happen, and if you moved it guess what, it's no longer an accident as you should know better by now. Oh and when that drop dead gorgeous woman asks you to sit down over here on the bed and show her how to use the remote, do not sit on the bed, do the customer ed standing, get the w/o signed and get out. Whenever flirtations started I would start talking about my kids and how I just got married last month at some fabulous destination and that would usually diffuse the situation because next thing you know that customer is calling the cable company and requesting you for the service call most adamantly and the provider want's to know why.
This is CABL.com posting #321716. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvQ8
Posted in reply to: Re: Why do customers insist on lying on you??? by Gregdabender
There are 0 replies to this message